25/01/2011

PRESENTATION AND HOW I WILL PROMOTE MY WORK

PRESENTATION AND HOW I WILL PROMOTE THEM

The presentation that o be using will be 3 types that i think will benefit my work.

INTERNET
first thing will be presenting it through the Internet as a digital portfolio that everyone can view where ever there are in the country. the idea is to provide your service by people searching for you and can view your work before contacting yourself to sort out a booking with you. its a cost affective way without using any paper portfolio and traveling around for people to see your images before they decide to provide a service for them. its a great advertising way with google engine to view your images and they can click on it  to veiw which then tranfer you to my website.


so as you can see once you click on it you see my blogger.



including using other sharing sites and links with other website with your name on it puts you up on the search engine list which help when people are looking up on you.

as you can see website portfolio can be a great way to premote yourself and get the publituty which is world wide and including how technology is increasin the new way to view my work and easy to carry is a ipad!.

the ipad can be use for a portable digital portfolio and has editing apps to adjust just a flick of a finger.

 this shows that internet can be a great presentation to my work and can be a great process to proceed to growing my carrer in photography.

Gallery

when orgenising a gallery for my images i want to make sure my images are the main focus, so first up i be looking into, is the fabric and materal of my images. the first thing is that i would make them A3 size so that you get a clear detail of the colours and texure within my images. the materals i be looking at to make my images on will be:

canvas

frame box

acrylic


Canvas
first one i be going through is the canvas design which is the basic but effective way to present your images. they print and over enlarge your image before applying a canvas effect seal to the surface.  then they wrap your print over a 2 or 3 inch block to produce a three dimensional finish which is great to bring out my images to the viewer.


Box frame
Simple yet elegant best describes the Box Frame effect. It has become an alternative to the Canvas Wrap where the customers likes the ‘off the wall’ look but prefers to keep all of the image tucked neatly into the frame moulding. There are five natural frame mouldings to choose from, Dark Brown, Black Wash, White Wash, Bare Ash Wood and Pine. the white wash would be my selection as it will blend in to the wall and give a depth of the images.


acrylic
This features a single print encapsulated with total optical clarity between two clear sheets, giving an overall thickness of 13mm. It really is pure elegance and will give a vibreint finish to the bright colours of my images.


with the gallery itself, i be making it pure white with spot lights so that nothing is making any focus about except my images that is on view. the area must be big and space free so that the viewer can stand back so that they can take all the images and then feel that they are being suck in to them.


this is a good excemple of how i like to view my images in and having somewhere is more less daylight but with spotlights to bring them out more better for the colours.

media and magazine production

i have already used this tipe of presentating my work with my project with specsavers and has been a big presentation and start to my work but i want to look into magizines and one i want to target to start is midland zone. as it does lots of photos for the local midland scene with shots from all bars and there aways looking for images to put in from recent events and when the festivals start so i be looking into this to see what i can do to get this




magizines is a great way to get your work out as midland zone is a free magizine that people can grab, so over million of people read this mag and seeing my work in there will premote me and my work very well.i have already got contacts as im am part of the leicester pride commity and including this years event i be hopefuly taking photos then for them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    Just to let you know that all your work is marked and graded now,
    Congratulations you got a Distinction in both of your units.
    The certificates will take time to go through the system and will arrive in due course.
    Well Done!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete