24/12/2010

my project at work- specsavers

With specsavers were i work, we was nominated for a specsavers award 2010 and i thought this will be a great opportunity to take some great photos of the night and pratice some of the skills that i larnt during my days at my course. Including that i be doing some photos for my work colleges and selling them on a cd for them. My director approuch saying she needed a photo of all of us with the award and would like to adventise this through the public media and viewing through the store. As i agreed to do this she gave me full control of sorting it all out and let me have my name on them to advertise myself as a photoghapher within the company. this was a great way to having my first step in being a professional photogether and will be explaning how i have produced my 3 projects with the image below.

Now as you can see, yes i was in this picture but i wanted to be part of the winning team so i set the camrea first with the settings of ISO 400, shutter speed 1/160 and f stop of 5.4 then prositioned it in the area i wanted to take it. i ask all my team to gather in that area then when there all in. i check to see if there all in and the focus was right. as i didint have a tripod, i ask some to hold it in the prosition i put it then put it on  atimer just in time for me to get in then i ask everyone to cheer as i wanted to get that celebration feel to the image. it taken 3 shots and this one was the best out of them all. now the editing was only a small twig with the contrast to darken the background and then it was perfect for me.


Project 1-poster

 


































with the poster i used a company called hfe which makes boaders and posters for any needs of bussines and promontions website is:www.hfe-signs.co.uk
which were great as i explained what i wanted on the poster and what the manager wanted on it. i wanted the image to be bright and more notiable so i ask for the boarder to be black with the measurements to fit in the promontional boards at work 42in x 55 in portrat size . they email me back a preview and as you can see it was great and ask them to order straight away.


and as you can see it was fantasic, in view of thousends of people to promont the companys effert and my photoghaphy and it did catch peoples eye when they walk past. you can see everyone on the image clearly and i was worried it will come out to pixually but it was still sharp and clear so overall a great success to this first project.




Project 2- plact for meet and greet

with the next one it was quite easy as i wanted to make it as the same to the poster. i used a a4 size frame with a silver frame as it was great with the image and the black boarder. it give it a glamor look and brakes away from the other placts including it bring it out for people to see. the photo is crop to 5 x 8 enough to give the border to brake it up and bigger enough for people to see.


project 3-media

the last one was the media which we used burton mail has specsavers is well known in there and burton mail is the local and well read paper in the area. with this one i rang company called target which i email them the image and ask for my name to be put with it as it boost me out to the public which i was so proud when i shore it. this is a scanned image of the paper it was in.


at the end i was very pleased of my work and now i can used this to build my portofoilo for the future for people to see and this is my biggest step in my photograhy carrier 

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    This is a great achievement and an image which can and should open doors for you to get another commercial avenue to your work.I see no reason why you cant further you marketing, PR and commercial photography either working for press or agencies you have been in touch with.
    Well done !!


    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    From all the images you have taken on the course you need to short list these so we can view them together a sets. From that you can talk about the presentation method you have chosen and compare and contrast to other possible methods.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete